Simply Scored – Simply The Best
The Simply Scored has to be the best new tool for papercrafting! Why? Well…here’s my story and I promise it will be short.
When I first started papercraft, I remember saying to myself, I don’t need all the bells and whistles. I know how to use a ruler, a craft knife, a bone folder, a pair of scissors and can cut and fold accurately…Right? Well…yeah…sort of. The only problem was, I was never consistent and I was frustrated because my projects wouldn’t match up properly, my cards would always be slightly out when I folded them and I didn’t even bother trying to make 3D items!
So why did I have so much trouble? Because I wasn’t using the right tools. I mean…you don’t peel a potato with a knife anymore right? Unless, of course, you can’t find it in that messy second drawer (another job for the holidays).
So now…getting to the point…The simply scored is one of those tools that will make your papercraft life soooo much easier. I’ve been using mine today to make stacks of boxes all the same size and I’m astounded how much difference it has made to my projects. Perfect boxes every time and each one took me just over a minute to cut and score. Can you believe that! And that includes the lid too. I’ve learnt a super exciting trick for perfect fitting lids and I’ll share that with you all tomorrow!
Check out the video for more:
Simply Scored Scoring Tool Item Number: 122334
Simply Scored Metric Scoring Plate Item Number: 127531
If you would like to purchase a simply scored, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Over the next few days…I will be popping up some examples of my projects using the simply scored and, as mentioned earlier, be sure to check back tomorrow to learn how to make the best fitting lids ever! I can’t wait to share this with you.
SIMPLY SCORED FEATURES:
- Unique place markers. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these. These visual tools allow you to set up the measurements you want and make it easier to get it right every time. If you a making mutiple items – it’s a breeze! It comes with three and you can purchase more in packs of six for only $4.50.
- Score lines are at every 3.2mm (1/8″).
- The stylus. It’s a stylus with two ends, one bigger than the other. The two smooth, metal ends glide over your projects, stay in the grooves (be sure to keep the angle 45 degrees or less) and you have the choice of thicker or sharper score lines. The tool snaps into place on the bottom front of the board so it’s always easy to get to.
- Divided compartment at the top of the board. There is enough room to hold your bone folder, pencil, extra tool and a smaller compartment to hold extra scoring markers.
- 8 (yes 8) textured feet on the bottom. No slipping!
- You can order a Metric Scoring Plate for metric measurements.