I made this card today for one of my work colleagues who is leaving us. Sad for us but fantastic new opportunity for her and I’m so happy for her.
I had one of those good craft days today, where everything just came together and I’m pretty proud of this card. Not to mention my photo today. I don’t know what setting I had my camera on but I’m going to have to work it out next time because it makes the colours really pop! I really need to take a photography class. Sigh…another thing to add to my bucket list.
I’ve used the Freshly Made Sketch Challenge for inspiration to get me started and I had to try one of the new techniques I learnt at convention. I love this tumbled tile look that Sophie Zadeh shared with us and it’s so easy. The instructions are below.
Card: Watercolour paper, Real Red, Whisper White
Paper: Neutrals Patterns Designer Series Paper
Up in the Air (oops) Up, Up and Away
Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Versamark Refill
Markers: Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink
Fabulous Flourishes: Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder
Tools: Paper Cutter, Build a Cupcake Punch, Simply Scored, Heat Tool, Brayer
So…here’s what I did:
- I stamped my images on watercolour paper. I used watercolour paper because I wanted more texture.
- Using my simply scored, I scored vertical and horizontal lines at 1/2″ intervals.
- On a piece of plastic, I poured out a small amount of versamark refill. Using my brayer I spread this across the plastic.
- Using my versmark ready brayer, I rolled it across my stamped image a couple of times.
- I then poured clear embossing powder over the image making sure that it was completely covered.
- Using my heat tool, I melted the embossing powder. I set aside for a few minutes to cool.
- I then turned over the image, sprayed with a little water and…wait for it…scrunched it up a few times! Yep…that’s right after all that work, I scrunched it up. Open out and you have your tumbled tile look.
You should have heard the audience when Sophie scrunched hers. It’s a wonder there was any oxygen left in the room – soooo funny.
I will be holding a class where you can learn this technique on Sunday July 8 at 2.00pm. You will make 3 cards, a gift card holder and as a bonus, a scrapbook page. Come along and enjoy an afternoon of craft, chat and champers (can’t forget the champers) and learn this tumbled tile technique and how to make the cloud background. The cost will be $20 and includes everything you need. Email me at email@example.com to book your place. I need final numbers by July 1.
Posted on June 11, 2012, in All Occasion, Classes, Gifts, Stamp by Mail Classes and tagged Challenges, Freshly Made Sketch, Papercraft Class, Scrapbooking, Simply Scored, Stampin' Up!, Tania Willis, Technique Class, Up in the Air. Bookmark the permalink. 6 Comments.