Mosaic Madness Sneak Peek
Well…I had tons of fun making this card. I wanted to experiment with some techniques today and my aim was to create a glass tile look using the brand new Mosaic Madness stamp set and matching Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder. For inspiration, I decided a challenge was in order and loved this layout from Craft Project Central
Inkydayz How Tos:
- Dry emboss a piece of vellum using the Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder (available 2 July).
- Lay a piece of coloured card under your vellum so it’s easier to see where to stamp and using your Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp in the mosaic sections. My aim was an old mosaic tile look, so I wasn’t fussy with my stamping. I dried each one using my trusty heat tool prior to stamping the next as the ink takes a little longer to dry on the vellum.
- Cut the card to size.
- On a piece of plastic or glass squeeze out some versamark refill. Use your brayer to cover your piece of stamped card with the versamark.
- Cover the sheet with clear embossing power and use your heat tool to melt the powder.
- Optional step. Dry emboss again, lining up the previous embossing in the embossing folder. I found that this helped bring the pattern out better.
- To make the faux washi tape, I simply coloured a piece of vellum by running the vellum across my ink pad and then used my finger to even out the colour.
- You will love the versatility of the Mosaic Madness Stamp set and matching Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder (available from 2 July). Want even better news? Catch this awesome news in my next post!
- The stamp set, Really Good Greetings (available 2 July) lives up to its name.
- Run a piece of vellum across the Crisp Cantaloupe ink pad (available 2 July), smooth with your finger and, voilà, you have Crisp cantaloupe washi tape!
- Baked Brown Sugar and Crisp Cantaloupe (both available 2 July) make a lovely combination for the tile panel
Stampin up Supplies:
Stamps: Mosaic Madness (130249 Clear) (130246 Wood) and Really Good Greetings (130333 Clear) (130330 Wood)
Card: Whisper White (106550), Vellum (106584)
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe (131176), Midnight Muse (126860) and Baked Brown Sugar (131174), Versamark Refill (102193)
Fabulous flourishes: Neutrals Designer Buttons (127554), Linen Thread (104199), Clear Embossing Powder (109130)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder (129984) Paper Snips (103579), Stampin Trimmer (129722), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Heat Tool (129056), Brayer (102395)
Adhesives: Stampin Dimensionals (104430), Glue Dots (103683), Snail (104332) and 2 Way Glue Pen (100425)
Want a copy of the new catalogue? Well you can pre-order yours now. Simply email me with your payment details ($9.95) and your copy will be sent to you directly from Stampin’ Up from mid June. If you are an Inkydayz customer (ie you have ordered from me within the past 12 months), you will automatically receive yours FREE from mid June.
Want to become an Inkydayz customer? Simply place an order to the value of $50 or above in my online shop or book and host a party and you will automatically receive a FREE Stampin’ Up! 2013-2014 Annual Catalog delivered to your door. You will receive your catalogue separately from your order from mid June. And don’t forget to use this hostess code JVA64JTJ and you will go into the draw to win a $50 shopping spree!
Posted on June 9, 2013, in All Occasion, Cards and tagged 2013-2014 stampin up catalogue, Canberra Papercraft Supplies and Classes, Canberra Stampin Up Demonstrator, Handmade Cards, Inkydayz, Mosaic Madness, On line Shopping, Stampin' Up!, Tania Willis. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.