Category Archives: Valentines
Well…what a wonderful day I had today! I just love classes and today’s Hearts a Flutter Class was so much fun! I made three clean and simple cards designs for the class so that the focus could be on the Hearts a Flutter stamp and framelits bundle. The great news is that the group got their creative mojo happening and changed things up by using the new embossing folders, the border scoring tool, alternative sentiments and working with different placement. Their creations were simply stunning. The sad news is…I forgot to take photos so I can only show you the original designs. But you get the picture. Hopefully…you too can use these designs to get your creative mojo going.
- A piece of Raspberry Ripple Stitched Ribbon tied in a knot brings everything together.
- A strip of basic grey is punched using the scallop ribbon border punch and adhered to the DSP so only half of the strip is peeking out from behind the DSP.
- Each heart is layered using dimensionals with the final sentiment layer layered on a stack of thin dimensional pieces. I love how the sentiment looks like it’s floating.
- The large Raspberry Ripple heart contrasts beautifully with Very Vanilla and Basic Grey pulls it all together.
- Pool Party, Raspberry Ripple and Basic Grey all make their mark in the shape of a heart on this card. The small Basic Grey heart adds a little something extra to bring attention to the sentiment.
Stampin Up! Supplies for all three cards
Stamps: Hearts A Flutter ** (Clear 129252) (Wood 129249)
Card: Very Vanilla (106550) , Pool Party (124391), Raspberry Ripple (127545), Basic Grey (121689)
Paper: More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper (129309)
Ink: Pool Party (126982), Raspberry Ripple (1268959), Basic Grey (126981)
Fabulous Flourishes: Raspberry Ripple Stitched Satin Ribbon (126845)
Tools: Hearts A Flutter Framelits** (130159), Small Heart Punch (117193)
**Did you know you can purchase the Hearts a Flutter stamps and framelits as a bundle and get 15% off? And…if you add the More Amore DSP to your order, you will receive your choice of one free item from the Sale-a-Bration catalogue. How cool is that? 15% off and a free gift!
Bundles and Sale-a-brations freebies are available for a limited time only, so order yours here today.
Stamps: My Little Valentine*
Card: Whisper White Cardstock
Markers: Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Gumball Green, Pool Party and Real Red Stampin’ Write Markers
Fabulous Flourishes: Pool Party Baker’s Twine
Tools: Full Heart Punch, Hole punch
*Get the Sealed with Love Simply Sent Kit FREE when you purchase this exclusive set—only available until January 21, 2013!
Place your order here.
Get the Sealed with Love Simply Sent Kit FREE ($15.95 value, see below) when you purchase the brand-new My Little Valentine Set ($17.95). This four-piece set was created exclusively for this promotion and will not be available again after January 21!
The Sealed with Love Simply Sent Kit contains:
• 10 notecards, 5 each of 2 designs 8.6 x 11.6 cm
• 10 double-sided envelopes 12.1 x 8.7 cm
• 20 printed paper buttons
• 10 pieces Whisper White/Real Red bakers twine each 25.4 cm (colour exclusive to this kit)
• 24 Stampin Dimensionals
The My Little Valentine Stamp Set is only available in clear-mount. Stamp images below:
Well…as promised…I’m back with another fab technique. This is the first time I have tried this and I have to say it’s something that I am going to use over and over again. It’s much easier than I thought it would be and I know you will love the result. Why not give it a go?
- Pour a small amount of Frost White Shimmer Paint on to a paper plate.
- With a piece of loosely screwed up cling wrap, apply paint to glossy white card stock. Allow to dry.
- Using a brayer and ink pad (I used real red), roll colour onto the brayer and then roll over the cardstock until you get the desired shade of colour.
- In a circular motion, rub a cotton wool ball over the card to remove excess ink.
There you have it. Your own hand-made card stock.
I’ve used my shimmery card to make the hearts on this sweet valentine’s card and I’ve entered it into this week’s Less is More Challenge. It’s been a while since I have gone back to basics and think this sketch is simply stylish so I thought I’d give it a go.
And here is the sketch
Stampin’ Up Supplies
Card: Whisper White, Glossy White
Stamp Set: Occasional Quotes (retired)
Ink: Real Red, Staz-on Black
Tools: Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Full Heart Punch, Big Shot, Rubber Brayer, Paper Cutter, Bone Folder
Shimmery Effects: Frost White Shimmer Paint
Sticky Bits: Snail, Dimensionals
From now until 31 March, you get to select one exclusive Sale-A-Bration gift for every $100 you spend. Click here for the deets. To order email me at email@example.com.
Enjoy and feel free to leave a comment and let me know you go using the shimmer resist technique.